I have a confession to make, I have been sitting on this recipe for months, like before Emily was born months. The thing is, the only time I make this is a special after dinner treat, so I was never able to take a picture of it. I know, super lame. BUT I am sharing this simple mug cake with you now, and promise it was worth the wait. And before you begin to ask if you can sub this flour or that, trust me, I tried it. I have made this many, many times, with many different AIP flour combos, and this is the only combo of flours that I have found works for the perfect fluffy goodness.
As a friendly reminder, AIP treats are still treats, so it's important to limit them and not overdo it. I have made that mistake myself enough to know, it's not work with it.
AIP "Chocolate" Mug Cake
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cassava flour
- ½ tablespoon coconut flour, sifted
- ½ tablespoon carob powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut milk (the thicker, the better)
- 1 ½ tablespoons avocado oil
- Whisk together all dry ingredients into a small bowl or mug.
- Add in wet ingredients and stir to fully combined.
- Place in microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes (the hardest part)
- Enjoy on it's own or topped with some coconut cream.