Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Broiled Salmon (AIP, Low-FODMAP Paleo, Whole 30)

When I first thought about starting a blog, I almost immediately stressed myself out. What was going to be my style? Where people going to find my jokes funny or think I'm an idiot? What if what I think looks and tastes good is actually crap?

Then, I realized that I can be whatever blogger I want, I don’t have to follow any trend. I got so worried about taking pictures of everything and trying to catalog it all, that I forgot the main purpose of my blog was to share my journey. This may mean showing tricks for certain foods, sharing awesome dinner recipes or packing meals. What matters the most is trying to find the best way to show that you are not alone. Whether you are a health food nut or someone who is too scared to start, I hope that my blog inspires you in some way.

Now enough about me, let’s talk about food, more importantly Salmon. I LOVE SALMON!


Salmon

We have salmon once a week, every week. It is always on the menu, and we always keep a portion in the freezer. Salmon is just such a fresh, fishy fish. But most of all Salmon is so great for you. It is a great alternative to having steak, chicken or pork during the week. It’s light and filling and is by far one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids (aka nature’s own heart medicine). Salmon and it’s nutrients also help reduce inflammation, arthritis and help lower cholesterol and blood pressure. 

What more can you ask for from a piece of fish!?

Preparing 

There are so many ways to prepare salmon that I could fill an entire blog. Bake, broil, grill, fry, sear, roast…the list goes on. In fact, I am sure there are is a blog dedicated to salmon out there already. I am going to share with you my go to Salmon recipe and meal. It really doesn't get old and it’s so simple to do, you’ll wonder why you didn't make it before! However, here is my most favorite way to prepare it, quick and easy.


Ingredients



Instructions


  1. Set broiler on high and set rack to second highest level
  2. Cover broiler pan with parchment paper.
  3. Place salmon skin side down and lightly season with salt).
  4. Drizzle top of salmon with olive oil.
  5. Place in oven and broil for 15-17 mins. You want the top to be golden and the fish to begin flaking.


And there you have it! That only took you about 2 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook. 25 minutes total time max, so there is no excuse!








No comments:

Post a Comment