Kabocha squash has quickly become one of my most favorite squash. I only recently discovered it since going AIP, and wasn't entire sure what to do with it. Roasting tastes great, but I found they could hold up their structure well enough to become yummy tater tot like side.
- 1 medium kabocha squash
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon savory
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Wash the squash, then cut in half and deseed. You can leave the skin on or cut it off, it is based on your preference.
- Cut squash into small, bite-size pieces and to a medium size bowl
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, ground ginger, savory, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Sprinkle seasoning blend and avocado oil over kabocha tots and stir to completely coat.
- Pour seasoned tots on to a parchment paper lined backing sheet.
- Put tots in preheated over for 25 minutes, toss them half way through cooking.
- Remove, let cool for minute, then serve and enjoy!