Tuesday, December 10, 2013

3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes (Paleo)



I love the holidays. The second I can start playing Christmas music without weird looks from my husband is my favorite time of the year. Setting up the tree and decorations around the house, it just all makes me feel so merry. This past week we got our tree up. After I finished putting the last of the ornaments on the tree, I felt so moved by all of the memories. 

It was a tradition in my house, that each year on Christmas Eve, my parents gave my sister and me a new ornament. The ornaments often reflected a memory from the year; whether it was a big accomplishment, a fun trip, or new family member. The ornament would represent the closing of the year and beginning of a new one. Sometimes they were store bought, and sometimes they were homemade. Either way, it was always excited getting to add a new one to my collection. Among all of them, this is one of my favorites.



Banana Pancakes


The other awesome part of the holidays is, let’s face it, the food, and enjoying food with family. This recipe is a perfect, easy breakfast option you can share with family and friends that is super delicious and healthy. And having made it this weekend for my mother, sister and her friend, I can say it is completely approved by all.

These pancakes are so easy to make and require only THREE, yes, just three ingredients!


Ingredients

  • 1 banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon of nut butter (such as almond or cashew)

Instructions


  1. Peel banana and break up into quarters and put in medium size bowl. Use a fork to mash the banana. Don’t mash it completely. By leaving chunks of banana, it helps the pancakes stay fluffy.
  2. Mix in the egg and almond butter.
  3. Melt butter in a medium size pan over medium/low heat.
  4. Pour 1/8 cup or a 1/4 of mix in pan to form pancakes. 
  5. Allow to cook for 3 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
  6. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes.

Makes 6 small pancakes and 3 regular size cakes.


Top and Enjoy!


Give everyone the option to top their pancakes they way they like. Fresh fruit, coconut cream, honey, maple syrup are just some ideas. I love to top mine with a little coconut cream  between each layer and then some fresh fruit on top. You can also top it off with a little butter and some plain maple syrup. For these pancakes, I used some left over homemade cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. I love finding new ways to reuse dishes. This recipe makes one serving for a very hunger person or could feed two kids. Try this recipe and let me know what are your favorite toppings.




No comments:

Post a Comment