Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sweet Potato Pancakes (Paleo)

Hi, my name is Alex and I am addicted to pancakes. It’s a very serious condition and the only remedy is more pancakes.



Ok, so let’s be real, pancakes are great. They remind you of weekend mornings growing up and stuffing your face with as many pancakes as you could until you felt almost sick. I feel like my goal in life is to try different pancake recipes and share them with the world.

It only makes sense to mix my two favorite things: pancakes and sweet potatoes. It was a duh kind of moment. This is a nice sweet pancakes that makes a sweet treat for Pancake Sundays (if you don't already do them, you should start) or as a special breakfast for this Valentine's weekend.

Sweet Potato Pancakes


Ingredients




Instructions

  1. Mix eggs, milk, nutmeg and cinnamon in your blender until mix begins to froth.
  2. Mix the sweet potato in with the rest of the batter until smooth.
  3. Heat your butter or coconut oil in a pan on low heat. 
  4. Add your pancake mix to the pan. Similar to my banana pancake recipe, use a ¼ cup for about 3 medium size cakes and fill it only half way for 6-7 small cakes. 
  5. Cook about 2-3 minutes per side. You may need to add a little more butter or oil between batches.
  6. Enjoy with your favorite toppings. 



My favorite way to eat these pancakes is with a little honey and some fresh strawberries


Or with just a little butter, cinnamon and maple syrup.



2 comments:

  1. I see all kinds of delicious pancakes on TV - blueberry lemon pancakes, strawberry banana pancakes, Hawaiian pancakes with pineapple and coconut... the pancake is God's vehicle for the delivery of other, healthier foods. Delicious, starchy vehicle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Keith. Well my goal is to take the major starchiness out to make it less heavy and more healthy. All of these sound so good! I think I could honestly start an entire blog on pancakes.

      Delete