Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mini Carrot Cakes with Coconut Frosting (Paleo)

Mini Carrot Cakes with Coconut Frosting



So for the last month I have been on a serious sweet tooth fix. I am not the biggest dessert person, but when I crave something, I have to have it. I’ve made chocolate pistachio clusters (check out paleomg's amazing recipe, she is a genius!) And I've made a few two many 5 minute microwave chocolate cakes (coming soon to the blog, I promise). And then finally, I began craving my most favorite dessert ever: Carrot Cake!

When I searched for gluten free or paleo carrot cake recipes and couldn't find something I like. Either it was too many odd ingredients, or ones I would just never buy. My plan was to find a way to make these treats with simple ingredients most people would have in their kitchen.


Mini Carrot Cakes with Coconut Frosting


Ingredients




Coconut Frosting 

Ingredients


Instructions



  1. Preheat oven to 335 degree. Yes a bit odd, but trust me.
  2. Mix eggs, coconut flour, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, maple syrup, and  2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil in a medium bowl.
  3. Blend banana in food processor or blender until it is at a smoothie consistency. Then add to bowl with other ingredients.
  4. Add chopped dates, walnuts, and shredded carrots to mix and fold in.
  5. Take remaining tablespoon of melted coconut oil and grease muffin tray. 
  6. Pour mix into tray so that each muffin tin is ¾ full. The mix should make 6 mini cakes.
  7. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, or until you can put a tooth pick in the center and it comes out clean. 
  8. While cakes are cooking, place all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and use a hand mixer to mix until it is a nice smooth whipped consistency.
  9. Pull them out of oven and let them cool for 2-3 minutes in tray. Then put them on a rack to finish cooling.
  10. Once cakes are cool, top each one off with an over flowing tablespoon of icing, and top with some walnuts for decoration.



Now enjoy!!


*Source: http://www.patient.co.uk/health/polycystic-ovary-syndrome




No comments:

Post a Comment