I have tried so many times to make and eat liver Pâté and I just cannot do it. It is boosting with so many goodies for you, but the flavor and smell make me just, ugh, nope can’t do it. This is my alternative to a liver Pâté.
Real Food Liz explains how sardines contain several great nutrients like: omega 3, taurine, selenium, calcium, vitamin D. Additionally, anchovies contain more omega 3, calcium, and vitamin D, plus iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, vitamin C, vitamin B-12 and many more! While, it doesn’t have all the same nutrients as a liver Pâté, this is a very nutrient dense snack on its own.
Sardine and Anchovy Pâté
- 3.75-4 oz can of sardines in olive oil, drained (wild caught)
- 2 oz can of anchovies in olive oil, drained and rinsed (wild caught)
- 7-8 kalamata olives
- 1 tsp capers
- ½ juice of one lemon
- Optional – 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- Add all ingredients into blender or mini food processor.
- Blend until it reaches a past like consistency. You may need to add up to 2 tsp of olive oil if the mix is too dry.
- Enjoy with fresh cut veggies or plantain chips.
And here is Owen saying "I'm handsome, so you should share this with me."