Sometimes it's fun to try your favorite foods in different ways. Usually I just bake my acorn squash in halves and stuff it with meat or other veggies. However, this time I decided to ditch the shell, chopped up the squash it in to bite size pieces and mix in some brussel sprouts. I coated them all with bacon fat, because, I mean it's bacon fat, but you can use your favorite fat of choice. This is a delicious side to go with your favorite protein and a fun new way to try this versatile squash.
Roasted Acorn Squash with Brussel Sprouts
- 2 acorn squash, peeled and diced
- 1 lb fresh or frozen brussel sprouts, halved or quartered if really big
- 2 tablespoons warmed bacon fat (or your fat of choice)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add prepped acorn squash and brussel sprouts to a cooking sheet.
- Drizzle veggies with bacon fat and top with spices. Toss until completely covered.
- Place in preheated oven for 30 mins, stir once, half way through.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.