This risotto brings in some new rice options for those who can't have or don't like cauliflower rice. The mint adds a nice fresh element as well. Plus it is fun to use ingredients like, diakon radish, in ways you never thought to.
Carrot Diakon Mint Risotto
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 ½ cups peeled, diced diakon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped bone broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lavender
- Add carrots and diakon to food processor and blend in short bursts, about 2 seconds at a time until it is fully riced.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add riced carrots and diakon to pan and cook for 5 mins.
- Pour in bone broth, sea salt, mint and lavender to pan and stir to combine.
- Turn down heat and simmer in uncovered pan for 20 minutes. Most of the liquid should absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!