I am all about the veggies right now it seems. Which is probably a good thing, because vegetables should be 2/3 of your plate for each meal. Just take a look at this AIP Food Pyramid by Phoenix Helix. You should be consume 6-14 cups vegetables per day. To make that possible, the 2/3 rule of thumb will help you accomplish this goal.
Carrot, Parsnip, & Collard Green Ribbons
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium parsnip
- 6-7 collard green leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup bone broth
- Wash the carrots and parsnips and then peel off the skin and discard, unless organic, then you can use the skin. Using a vegetable peeler. Continue to peel the carrots and parsnip to create ribbons.
- Rinse of collard green leaves and cut out ribs. Fold leaves in half lengthwise, and slice horizontally in ½ inch strips.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- When plan is hot, add in carrots and parsnips and toss to combine and coat in oil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in collard greens and cook for another 2-3 minutes. or until the greens change to a brighter green color. Toss in the sea salt and stir to combine.
- Pour in bone broth. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cover and cook at a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, toss and let cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until liquid has been soaked up.