Monday, June 26, 2017

Homemade Maple Lavender Soda (AIP, Paleo)






It is officially summer and one of my favorite things to sip on in the hot months of there year is a big glass of fizzy goodness. Most often sparkling water does the trick, but sometimes I just want a little something more. Last summer I went to this local sandwich shop with my mom and I ordered their lavender soda. It. Was. Amazing! I knew immediately I needed to recreate it. And now this summer, I am sharing it with you all. It will be a perfect addition to your summer bbq or just a nice afternoon treat.


Ingredients

  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 cup of maple syrup
  • 1 tablespoons fresh lavender leaves, bruised
  • Ice cubes
  • Sparkling mineral water

Instructions

  1. Combine water, maple syrup, and lavender leaves in a small sauce pan.
  2. Bring to a light boil and remove from heat.
  3. Allow to steep for about 30 mins.
  4. Using a mesh strainer, remove the leaves and store simple syrup in a mason jar. Keep unused syrup in the fridge for up to one month.
  5. To prepare soda, pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of lavender infused simple syrup into a glass and fill with ice. Then pour in sparkling mineral water to fill glass. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy! I love the curious kitty nose and paws in the last pic ��

    ReplyDelete