Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Italian "Breadcrumb" Baked Cod (AIP Modification, Paleo)



I recently had the opportunity to try out Mission Heirloom's Yucan Crunch Crackers now that is available to order on Amazon. Not only was excited about another AIP option on Amazon (Amazon Prime owns me), but also was so excited to try them out after seeing so many other bloggers sharing about them.

And I was not disappointed! Yucan Crunch Crackers are such an awesome addition to the AIP community. My absolute favorite way to have them is to crisp them up under the broiler and use them as crackers to shovel tuna salad in my mouth. But they are so versitile! And while I love using them as a cracker alternative, the recipe below is another fun way to enjoy these crunchy goodies. Emily is also a huge fan of them as well which means I am going to need to order some more asap!

Yucan Crunch for Me and for You


Mission Heirloom has not only given me an opportunity to try out their Yucan Crunch, but they are also allowing me to give away a 2-pack set of their Yucan Crunch to one of you! Head on over to my Instagram for details of how to enter.




Italian "Breadcrumb" Bake Cod



Ingredients

  • 1 lb fresh wild caught cod
  • 1/2 cup of broken Mission Heirlom's yucan crunch
  • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
  • 1 tablespoon fresh scallions
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon avocado oil (use for AIP compliant recipe)
  • 3 tablespoon of mayo (leave out for AIP compliant recipe)

Instructions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
  2. Pat dry cod and place on a parchment paper lined cooking sheet.
  3. Add yucan crunch, sea salt, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh scallions and fresh thyme to a food processor. Pulse until it crumbs.
  4. For AIP compliant recipe, lightly coat the top of cod with avocado oil. For non-AIP complaint recipe evenly spread mayo over the top of the cod.
  5. Add an even layer of "breadcrumbs" on top of the cod.
  6. Place cooking sheet with fish in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, or until fish is flaky.
  7. Turn on broiler and put cod under broiler for 2-3 minutes, or until browned. Keep a close eye so it doesn't burn.
  8. Enjoy!



Disclosure: I did receive a complimentary 4-pack of Yucan Crunch; however, this is a product I have will happily purchased in purchase in the future. I would never recommend a product I didn’t stand behind 100%. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Mission Heirloom seems to have closed, sadly. Can you recommend a good substitution?

    ReplyDelete